Thursday, February 21, 2008

hooray!

Does it seem demented that 19 degrees seemed really warm today? It was so wonderful to feel the sun and the "warm" air that for a bit I went around with no hat and my coat open. It was a welcome change after loosing feeling in my toes going down by the frozen lake to watch the lunar eclipse (for the record the view was worth the temporary numbness)

So feeling more inspired to work I manages to get a new item up on my Etsy shop. It's a gnome family which has been waiting to be finished for some time. I was going to make zombie armadillos but the first armadillo came out too cute to "zombify" so my daughter claimed it. It really is cute if I do say so myself. (note to self, post photo of armadillo)

Now I am itching to make a round of finger puppets. Last fall there were several rounds of fun monster finger puppets but when ever I made a batch one of my kids would get a birthday party invitation. Sigh...at least we are never at a loss for fun things to give.

First I need to work on a landscape piece which I want to pitch to the local botanical gardens as a class. I am psyched about the idea of getting out and teaching others needle felting. Speaking of which Saturday it is back to the good folks at Rainbow Fleece Farm. Always a good time. Really any day spent getting my work out in public and getting to felt and teach is a good day.

No comments: